Unless differing written terms and conditions have been agreed upon in an individual case, the fol-lowing terms and conditions apply:
1. These terms shall apply to all matters for which we provide legal services.
2. All work will be performed with the skill and care of an ordinary lawyer according to the
laws governing Faroese lawyers, including the rules of professional ethics.
3. Tax advice and advice on foreign law are only included in our appointment if expressly
agreed upon in writing. Statements or information given orally or over the telephone are
only binding if confirmed in writing by the lawyers.
4. If the law should change after the completion of the service, there shall exist no duty to
inform the client of such change or of the consequences of such change.
5. Any dispute or controversies arising out of or in connection with our performance of the
work performed hereunder shall be governed by and resolved pursuant to the rules of law
in force in the Faroe Islands and Faroese courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction, the venue
of first instance being the Faroese Court (Føroya Rættur) in Tórshavn, Faroe Islands.
6. Our law firm will invoice its legal services on a monthly basis presented in arrears and the
in-voice is payable on receipt. In addition to our legal charge we will, on our invoice to you,
add all necessary and reasonable expenses incurred in working on the matter.
7. Unless a lower amount is agreed between Advokatfelagið við Strond 4 and you, our liability
in respect of any negligence and/or breach of duty and/or contract whatsoever or
howsoever arising is limited to, and shall not exceed, the amount of our relevant insurance
cover for professional negligence. Advokatfelagið við Strond 4 does not accept
responsibility in any circumstances other than to its clients alone; hereunder no
responsibility is accepted to any particular client's shareholder, director, officer, creditor